Since 2006, United Cerebral Palsy (UCP) has published the Case for Inclusion, a comprehensive report and interactive tool that offer data for all 50 states and DC, on how well state Medicaid programs serve those with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD). For the first time, the ANCOR Foundation and its Included. Supported. Empowered.campaign have joined UCP in releasing the Case for Inclusion.
To mark the release for the Case for Inclusion 2019, UCP and the ANCOR Foundation will be hosting a national launch event at on Thursday, January 10 at the National Press Club in Washington, DC. During the event, participants will learn about what the new data reveal for people with I/DD and the providers who support them, including trends that are beginning to emerge. Participants will also hear about the federal policy implications of the new data in the context of a newly inaugurated Congress, as well as concrete tips for what advocates can do to expand opportunities for people with I/DD to be included, supported and empowered in the community.
Speakers for the event include:
- Rachana Pradhan, Health Care Reporter, POLITICO Pro (moderator)
- Robert Budd, President & CEO, FREE, Inc. (emcee)
- Brittany Weaver, Legislative Assistant, Office of U.S. Senator Maggie Hassan (D-NH)
- Tarren Bragdon, Primary Researcher, Case for Inclusion
- Armando Contreras, President & CEO, United Cerebral Palsy
- Julia Bascom, Executive Director, Autistic Self Advocacy Network
- Donna Martin, CEO, National Association of Councils on DD
- Angela King, President & CEO, Volunteers of America Texas
- Barbara Merrill, CEO, ANCOR & the ANCOR Foundation
- Chris Stevenson, President & CEO, Cedar Lake