Lutheran Social Service
Saint Paul, MN
Lutheran Social Service MN is a dynamic social service organization serving children, youth and families, people with disabilities, older adults and military veterans. Trustworthiness is a value and strength shared by our employees and recognized by the communities we serve. We offer an ALIVE Workplace (Supportive, Positive and Fun) and careers that challenge, energize and rewards employees. Consider joining us!
This position will have the ability to work anywhere in Minnesota.
As the Senior Operations Director for Personal Support Services (PSS), you will ensure the PSS business is well coordinated and productive by managing its procedures and coaching its people, ensure that PSS runs with legality and conformity to established regulations. You will, review financial information and adjust operational budgets to promote profitability, evaluate overall performance by gathering, analyzing and interpreting data and metrics. The goal is to safeguard the efficiency of PSS operations to facilitate accelerating development and long-term success.
The Senior Operations Director of PSS will develop and monitor the progress of financial and operational performance standards to assure viable operations, a positive cash flow, budget adherence, and high levels of quality care and customer satisfaction. In this role, you will oversee strategic planning, overall administration of programs, training and quality, budget management, and oversight of staff. The Senior Operations Director of PSS will also manage the implementation of business guidelines and strategies in concert with Senior Director, Senior Area Directors and Area Directors ensuring programs run smoothly and in accordance with all applicable laws and guidelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related degree or comparable experience required. Master’s in Business Administration Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in program management and experience with similar population.
- Experience managing operations, financial accountability, managing funding and developing staff required.
- Qualified Developmental Disabilities Professional (QDDP) preferred.
- Must have knowledge of business operations working with people with intellectual or developmental disabilities. Must understand and be knowledgeable about trends in the field of service and latest types of support, including contracts.
- Must have working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics.
- Able to think analytically, to problem solve and to work under the pressure of a heavy workload.
- Proficiency in MS office and various business software.
- Able to communicate/interact/network with many different individuals from different interest groups in a manner which encourages initiative and positive cooperation in problem solving.
- Able to balance community needs with program resources, closing programs/offices where resources do not match costs.
- Able to interpret organization policy, state licensing requirements, and other regulations in the development, management, and oversight of services.
- Excellent supervisory, leadership, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Driver’s license required for travel.
- Motor Vehicle Record Check (MVR) with a satisfactory driving record required.
- Bureau of Criminal Affairs (BCA) clearance is required.
Lutheran Social Service of MN is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of all people regardless of gender, race, culture, religion, ethnicity, protected veteran status and/or disability. It is the expectation that all LSS/CHS employees will behave in a manner that is free of racism, discrimination, bias, and harassment where all individuals are treated with dignity, safety and respect.