The State Director is responsible for operational management of MENTOR Oregon overseeing residential, day program, employment, brokerage and in-home support services. The State Director supervises Area Directors and the Quality Improvement Manager, and has indirect supervisory responsibility for the Business Manager and clinical or program support positions (as applicable).
The State Director oversees service delivery and is responsible for strategic planning, leadership, vision, growth and development, financial management and profitability, human resources, regulatory compliance, quality improvement, stakeholder relations, lobbying and advocacy.
The State Director position is full-time and considered supervisory, exempt and paid by salary. The Director is considered on-call and expected to be available in the event of emergency. This position is based at the State Office with the general expectation of visiting each program at least annually.
Essential Job Functions:
- Establish and drive strategic direction, recommend strategies for scope of responsibility
- Develop licensing compliance strategy, oversees implementation of Network compliance plans and implements proactive strategies to meet or exceed compliance
- Provides leadership, including supervision of Area Directors and business unit support teams
- Oversee implementation of human resource practices including recruitment, retention, training, scheduling, processing, record keeping and management of employees
- Develop business plans and marketing strategies to grow census and improve occupancy and utilization in core services, develops strategies to anticipate new business opportunities and develops new starts; and identifies potential acquisition candidates
What we require of you:
- Bachelor's degree
- 10-12 years of related experience with significant management experience in the human services industry
- Master’s degree in Business or Human Services is preferred
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships
- Strong follow through to ensure quality services and regulations are met
- Ability to quickly and strategically address business concerns
- Ability to analyze financial metrics
You can also contact Ali Frank, Recruitment Manager with inquiries at Ali.Frank@TheMentorNetwork.com.